The AARP is back this season offering free income tax preparation in the Rogue Valley. Trained volunteers are available at several are locations including the Rogue Valley Mall from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through April 15.
Spouses need to be present for joint filing and you will need to bring your social security cards, photo id, W-2's, 1099's, and any other income or expense records plus your 2011 tax return.
Here is a listing of locations and times:
- United Church of Christ, 1801 E. Jackson St., Medford, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Medford Senior Center, 510 E. Main St., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday and Thursday (please call 772-2273 for appointments).
- Southern Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing, 228 N. Holly St., Medford, noon to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Santo Center, 701 N. Columbus Ave., Medford, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Rogue Family Center, 3131 Ave. C, White City, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday through Thursday.
- Jacksonville Library, 340 West C St., Jacksonville, noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Pioneer Hall, 73 Winburn Way, Ashland, 9 a.m. to noon Monday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Phoenix Library, 510 West First St., noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- Talent Library, 101 Holmes St., 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday.
Or, for more information, you can call 1-888-227-7669.