White City boy dies following burns

White City, Ore. — A two-year-old boy in White City has died a week after he was accidentally splashed by boiling water.

A family friend says a blood infection was brought on by the severe burns.

Kelli Egan, a friend of parents Nicole and Nick King, says the young boy’s family of four was boiling noodles last Monday when the father accidentally slipped and hit the pot’s handle. The hot water splashed up and slightly burned both the arms of the parents, but their youngest son Liam received burns on his head, back and front.

Egan says Liam had a smile that lit up the room, even after 28 percent of his body had 2nd-degree burns.

“He’s just a happy kid he’s always got a big ol’ smile on his face. He just loved playing with his brothers and any photo you’ll see of him he has a big smile — even in the burn center up in Portland”

Liam was sent to Randall Children’s Hospital in Portland after his burns became infected at the burn center.

Egan says Liam fought hard, but his body just couldn’t handle it.

If you’d like to help with medical and funeral expenses for the family, visit their go fund me page at gofundme.com/liam-medical-funeral-expenses.

© 2024 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content